Thursday 25 October 2012

prem task

What was the purpose of the preliminary task ?

The purpose of this preliminary task was for me and my group members to experience using a camera and setting the different camera angles that we studied which will be used for our thriller opening. Me and my group members carried out different clips where we positioned the camera in different angles to produce the different camera angles and its purposes.

How did the process help me ?

Equipment

I learned how to handle different types of equipment needed to film. I learned how to use a tripod stand from positioning it to handling the different options. I also learned how to handle a camera steadily and how to place on the tripod stand ; This help me learn how to use the camera as well as the tripod stand together.

Camera shots

We got a chance to demonstrate to our selves how all the camera shots work. Me and my group members while looking at our notes carried out all types of camera shots that we studied. These shots helped us understand how different camera angles work and what does each camera shot mean.

Distances

By carrying out the perm task it helped me understand distances and how far it is the camera should be placed from the subject. I understood that distances depend on camera angles as well. For eg if it is a long shot which means the entire background as well as the subject needs to be seen ; the camera should be placed back.

sounds

When filming the perm task i understood the importance of sound and how it can change the meaning of a scene. As we were filming in school we could hear the noise coming from different classrooms ; this turned the meaning of the scene into something different. I learned the importance of sound and how it helps to define a scene.

framing 

I edited the perm task in final cut Pro. Me and my team members filmed different clips and decided to put them together using final cut. This task helped view the video frame by frame and understand which part needs to be changed.

Ho will it help me with my thriller task ?

This task helped me a lot and will surely help me in my thriller opening. I now understand the meaning of different camera angles , the use of sound , use of the equipment and the importance of editing.

Below is the Prem Task we carried out


1 comment:

  1. You have made a start in explaining what the preliminary task was. But you need to relate your points to examples to show further understanding of the task. For example when you are explaining a camera shot that was difficult to record, relate to more examples to support the point that you are making.

    Also include your preliminary task too

    ReplyDelete